The Affordable Connectivity Program
What it is:
LHTC Broadband is participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a federal government assistance program that provides eligible households with a discount on Internet service. The ACP will provide a discount of up to $30 on Internet bills for households that meet income eligibility requirements. It’s important to note, LHTC Broadband does not determine a household’s eligibility. The member will receive approval for the program from the USAC’s National Verifier and the member will provide LHTC Broadband with an enrollment code for verification.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or Lifeline.
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision*, or did so in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 school years; This includes households with a student enrolled in a school or school district where every student receives this benefit; or
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Is enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start
- Veterans or Survivors Pension
- Federal Pell Grant
- Free School Lunch or Breakfast (must include benefiting child, Last 4 SS#, BD)
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Qualify
- First you apply for eligibility by going to ACPBenefit.org to enroll.
- Step 2: Apply
- Once you have confirmed eligibility through ACPBenefit.org, click the “Apply Now” button below and fill out the form filling in all the requested information.
- Step 3: Sign Agreement
- You will then sign an acknowledgement of the terms and conditions of this benefit. This is required for government records.