The Affordable Connectivity Program
What it is:
LHTC Broadband is participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a federal government assistance program that provides eligible households with a discount on Internet service. The ACP will provide a discount of up to $30 on Internet bills for households that meet income eligibility requirements. It’s important to note, LHTC Broadband does not determine a household’s eligibility. The member will receive approval for the program from the USAC’s National Verifier and the member will provide LHTC Broadband with an enrollment code for verification.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
You are eligible for the ACP if you (or someone in your household) participate in one of these programs:
- Qualified based on household income, if your income is 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The guideline is based on your household size and state.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Woman, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provisions schools
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
You may need to show a card, letter, or official document as proof that you participate in one of these programs when you apply for the ACP.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Qualify
- First you apply for eligibility by going to ACPBenefit.org to enroll.
- Step 2: Apply
- Once you have confirmed eligibility through ACPBenefit.org, click the “Apply Now” button below and fill out the form filling in all the requested information.
- Step 3: Sign Agreement
- You will then sign an acknowledgement of the terms and conditions of this benefit. This is required for government records.