On June 9th, by the authority granted under the PA Constitution, both chambers of The General Assembly passed House Resolution 836 (the “Resolution”), which ended Governor Wolf’s State of Disaster Emergency. As a result of the passage of the Resolution, all restrictions imposed upon the businesses and residents of PA by the Governor’s Order have been terminated. While the Governor has stated that he doesn’t intend to abide by the Resolution and that he will pursue the matter further in court, until the issue is settled by the court, the Governor’s Order no longer has the force of law.
Accordingly, we will be reopening all of our offices effective Monday, June 15th.
As I’m sure you know by now, there have been many changes implemented over the past few weeks in response to the government’s efforts to address the Coronavirus pandemic. Along these lines, Governor Wolf issued an order that all “non-life-sustaining” businesses close effective last Thursday evening. Given the critical nature of communications services, we’re considered to be a life-sustaining business, and, for this reason, we will continue to do our best to ensure that there are no interruptions in your service. Furthermore, as part of this effort, we will continue to perform our normal installation and repair work.
Regardless of my own personal feelings concerning the pandemic and the effort to deal with it, I have a fiduciary responsibility to our employees and customers to take the virus threat seriously. Accordingly, along with the other members of our management team, we must do our best to safeguard their health. With this in mind, we recently implemented the following procedures at each of our business offices:
- The doors to our business offices are being kept locked to minimize personal interaction. For this reason, we’re asking you to use one of the following methods to pay your bill:
- Mail your payments to our Stahlstown business office at: P.O. Box 168, Stahlstown, PA 15687. (If you are a Lackawaxen customer, please mail your payment to P.O. Box 208, Stahlstown, PA 15687.
- Pay online by visiting the LHTC Broadband website at: https://lhtcbroadband.com/.
- Pay over the phone by calling one of our business offices.
- Consider setting up an “auto-pay” arrangement whereby your payment would be deducted directly from your bank account or charged to your credit card each month. If you’re interested in this method of payment, please call one of our offices and speak to a Customer Service Representative who will be more than happy to assist you.
- In the event you still prefer to pay in person at one of our offices, you will be able to drop off your payment in the mail slot or other designated area that will be provided via a notice posted at the office.
On another note, please understand that we are here to assist in whatever way we can to help you deal with the hardships that you may be going through as a result of this unprecedented crisis. With that said, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you think we can provide such assistance.
Trust me when I say that we value our personal interaction with our customers, and as soon as it’s deemed safe to go back to our customary way of doing business, we will surely welcome the opportunity to do so. In the meantime, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the change in procedures. Thank you for understanding and for the privilege to continue to earn your business. Best wishes for good health and a blessed Easter holiday.
As always, if you have questions concerning this matter or anything else concerning LHTC Broadband, please let me know.
James J. Kail
President & CEO
Office Locations and Phone Numbers:
Indian Head: 724-455-2411
South Canaan: 570-937-4114